- Scarlet will not be taking a break between games. Except for Wednesdays. Wednesdays she will always take off. She will only take a break (a day or two) when the series is complete. So Basically:
- Game 1 → Game 2 → Game 3
- Game 1 → Game 2 → Game 3 → Game 4
- When it comes to the longer series such as Final Fantasy/Legend of Zelda she might take a break after every 2 games considering the average length of each FF/Zelda game mid series.
- If a series has an MMO interjected in it Scarlet will not be playing the MMO. So Elder Scrolls, or FF11/14 won’t be played, as an example.
- There is a “Token” System.
- 1 token is earned per game completed without token usage.
- If Scarlet completes a series without any token usage at all she gains extra tokens based on how long the series was. (So Mass Effect would award 3 extra tokens.)
- There is a token cap: 14. (2 weeks worth.)
- A token can be redeemed at any time.
- Tokens are ideally used for impromptu breaks*, emergencies, collabs, and temporary game switches to prevent burn-out or stagnancy.
- Family Emergencies and Health Emergencies* do not require a token.
- Conventions are a free break pass as they are crucial to being a caster (Networking/Sponsorships/Media Coverage). (PAX/TwitchCon etc.)
- Scarlet must cast a minimum of 6 hours per cast until the series is finished. Going over is allowed, unless it disrupts the following day’s schedule.
- Most of the games Scarlet will be playing through will be a BLIND playthrough. She’s only played through a handful of these games.
- For this challenge a Series is constituted as 2 or more. There must be more than 2 games in the same franchise to qualify.
- DLC is optional and may vary from game to game. (Example: Oblivion has a ton of DLC that may stunt the time for challenge progression.)
- This isn’t meant to be 100% rushed. This isn’t a time based challenge. However there will be mini-challenges/achievements Scarlet will attempt to complete:
- Finish 5 Games in a row without the use of a Token (Award 1 extra Token)
- Finish 2 series playthroughs without the use of a Token (Award 3 extra Tokens)
- Be on time to every stream in a 2 week period. (Award 1 extra Token)
- Do 3, 12 hour casts in a row without being late to the next cast. (Award 1 extra Token)
- Get on the front page of Twitch during the challenge (Award 1 Extra Token)
- Get tweeted out by Twitch during the challenge (Award 1 Extra Token)
- Get the Partner Spotlight on Twitch (Award 1 Extra Token)
- Finish Legend of Zelda & Final Fantasy Series before the anniversary of the challenge (Award 14 Extra Tokens)
- Get 100, 250, 500, etc. Subs during the challenge. (Award 1 Extra Token Per Milestone)
- Get to 100,000 Followers (Award 1 extra Token)
- Bonus rounds are token awarding rounds only, tokens cannot be lost for not completing a bonus round
Summary: Scarlet will try to complete as many game series as possible in a year’s time. Game Rounds will Have about 10 per. Bonus Holiday (like October) rounds will vary.
Any questions about this challenge can be directed to twitter using the hashtag: #R0seToTheChallenge
*Scarlet reserves the right to make adjustments as needed to scheduling and general details as gaming & streaming is an ever-evolving thing.
*breaks are defined as basically a day or two off. one token can allow one day off excluding the natural break, and series completion breaks.